Monday, January 12, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . .
I'm Starting With The Man InThe Mirror
I'm Asking Him To ChangeHis Ways
And No Message Could HaveBeen Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, AndThen Make A Change
Michael Jackson- Man in the Mirror
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Enjoy ALL of my random moments…and not look for anyone else to complete me
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Probably not. I actually stopped making them for the simple fact that I don’t think about them after about a week….or less.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep….2 of my cousins gave birth this year. Yay Leshia and Brent!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yep. My Uncle Richard….RIP dude
5. What countries did you visit?
None…I was soooooooooo Ga centered this year!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A real relationship. I’m at the point now where I want to just chill out with someone who’s consistently there, and wants to be around me as much, or more than I want to be around them. I want to actually like a whole person, and not just bits and pieces of anyone that is not him. Selah
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?No specific date that I can recall….Nicka’s bday was bunches and bunches of fun though!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it out with my sanity still in tact. Screw you pal…that’s a major accomplishment…ask Katt Williams.
…..and winning almost EVERY TIME!!! I ROCK!!!
9. What was your biggest failure?Staying in comfortability even when it wasn’t always good for me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope….didn’t really get sick at all this year! YAY me! I’m awesome!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my work shoes….they’re so old fashioned, yet they’re VERY comfortable….I love them!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Probably Nicka’s and Jen’s…their always GREAT.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one’s really. I may have been unhappy with a few peoples choices, but I am CLEARLY not gonna let them depress me…it’s SOOOO not that serious!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and Food…and an occasional drink ;-)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My Birthday. I always enjoy my birthday to the fullest.
HOMECOMING!!! Valdosta State’s Homecoming was SOOOO much fun! No other comments needed ;-)
Morehouse and Spelman’s homecoming always gives me life!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Every good album that came out this year!!! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…2008 WAS THE BEST MUSICAL YEAR EVER! Everybody dropped FIRE this year!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- i. happier or sadder? MUCH Happier
- ii. thinner or fatter? Ha! Fatter…no comment!
- iii. richer or poorer? Pretty much the same….I’m hoping for an EXTREME financial boost in 2009!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saved money, and maybe actually dated more….not screwed…dated.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Probably smoking, but I’ve kicked that habit though. Actually it wasn't really a habit, just something to do because I was bored....and of course at parties and such. Now that I think about it...I never really liked them. Oh wait...I told Nicka that a long time ago. Goodbye Djarum Black!
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope….I lived in love in 2008…lol
21. How many one-night stands?
None YAY ME!!!!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
CHARMED!!!! Can anyone help me find the episode where Pru dies???....and the one after.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope…I don’t waste my time hating. Its just NOT that damn serious!
24. What was the best book you read?
The Color Purple….I’ve read it countless times, but it never ceases to amaze me.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
BACKGROUND….everything about background…the vocalz, the music, the arrangements, the instruments…all that.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A bust-it baby! LMAO!
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
SEX AND THE CITY!!!! *faints*
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26, and I had a whole weeks worth of fun with my real friends! I love them!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Probably a REAL relationship, but 2008 was all in all a really good year. I’ll put it like this….at least it wasn’t a 2006!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Just Me!...nothing given nothing taken!
32. Who kept you sane?
DEFINITELY Nicka, Jen, DJ, and Renwick....do doubt about it! I love you guys! You ROCK!!! lol!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Beyonce….she’s great…stop hatin. Sorry
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The 2008 Primaries! Yay Barack Obama!
35. Whom did you miss?
My Uncle Jesse
36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
Samone….didn’t actually meet her this year, but I got close to her, and she’s the greatest!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Make every moment count. Tell everyone you love that you love them because tomorrow’s really not promised.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
THE WHOLE BRANDY ALBUM!!!! *faints*
Friday, December 19, 2008
Let me start this blog by saying that Brandy was PHENOMENAL!!!! I sincerely enjoyed the whole set...even Slim who I absolutely did not want to see!
Now on to real matters...
I often analyze myself....just to make sure that I'm still a good person, and that I'm someone who I'd like to hang around. So I was kind of shaken when this dude told me last week, upon me telling him that he doesn't have to lie, that I was mad because he "don't really have to do anything, and the only reason you don't like my answer is because you don't have to either. Please don't take that the wrong way". Ummm...what other way are you supposed to take that?
Anyhoo...so I got to analyzing immediately. I searched and searched myself to see if the only reason I do things for people is because I want something back. It took me almost a week to FINALLY come to the conclusion that I'd been trying to reach since I texted him back. Lots of times people do things for others, that they sometimes don't want to do, because they care about them. *lightbulb* It's just that simple. When you care about someone you sometimes make decisions just so that the people that they care about are a little happier. It can be as small as making an egg sandwich*hmph ;)* or as large as going out of your way to attend something that the person is having....whether you really want to be there or not. That seems to be common courtesy within my circle. Caring for someone is not simply a means to an end. You don't care about a person just so they'll care about you...that impossible. If they don't care...they just dont' care. That's the real answer.
Just my thoughts on today.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I can't breathe....I can't breathe.....I can't breathe!!!!
I just can't believe it! My cuzzin got me tickets to see BRANDY in a private concert! I don't have words for this moment. 2008 has been the best!!!! OMG!!! I have had some majorly bad moments, but all in all I'M GOOD! I just can't believe it!
I will come back tomorrow with FULL commentary!
I bid you farewell *faints*